Green Hosting from DreamHost
Do you have any idea how many physical resources it takes to run an internet company? More than you’d think.
It takes electricity to run our servers, paper to run our offices, and gas to get our employees into work. In small amounts, these types of things are harmless. But the larger we grow as an organization, the more we want to be mindful of our own usage of our planet’s limited resources.
That’s why we’ve made a conscious effort to reduce our impact on the environment with optimized facilities and policies that put respect for natural resources at the core of what we do.
Our Data Centers
DreamHost employees enjoy
- Recycling bins in every office as far as the eye can see, even for single-serving coffee pods!
- Generous work-from-home policies keep people off the roads and in their happy places
- On-site e-waste collection to minimize hazardous waste sent to landfills
- Ceramic cups, plates, and real silverware in every office. No disposables here!
- Financial incentives to use public transportation
- In-office composting keeps our kitchens smelling like rebirth and renewal
- Energy Star-rated displays which are turned off when not in use
- Extensive use of videoconferencing when possible
- Electronic forms and e-filed paperwork to reduce paper usage