Terms & Policies
September 26th, 2022
.SHOP Promotional Terms
The current .SHOP promotion is valid for existing DreamHost customers only. Offer includes one (1) new .SHOP domain name registration per customer for the first year. Renewals for promotional .SHOP domain name registrations will be subject to the then-current, non-promotional renewal rate, currently $29.95, plus any applicable taxes. Offer valid while supplies last and may be terminated at any time without notice.
Free .SHOP Domain Registration
The Products include an online shopping cart that can be integrated with your existing website or social network as applicable. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to make changes from time to time and without notice in how we operate the Products. Any description of how the Products work should not be considered a representation or obligation with respect to how the Products will always work. We are making constant adjustments to the Products and often these Terms of Service do not capture these adjustments completely.
.SHOP Website Makeover Giveaway
Enter to win between 12:00 a.m. PT on September 23, 2022 and 11:59 p.m. PT on October 31, 2022 by going to https://dreamhost.com/extreme-website-makeover, and completing the online entry form. On or about November 07, 2022, five (5) winners will be selected, and upon verification of eligibility, will receive a professional ecommerce website makeover. Approximate retail value of the prize is $2,500.00.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to individuals who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, are existing DreamHost users, and who have a .SHOP domain. If one does not have a .SHOP domain, they can register one for free. Employees of DreamHost, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Submission parameters: Entrant agrees/acknowledges that all submitted material is deemed original and created by him/herself and/or creative entity represented therein.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You” and “Your”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of DreamHost as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting 12:00 a.m. PT on September 23, 2022 and ending at 11:59 p.m. PT on October 31, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). DreamHost reserves the right to modify the Contest Period, or cancel the Contest Period all together, for any reason, without prior notice.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://dreamhost.com/extreme-website-makeover. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of DreamHost. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, websites, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, Your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of DreamHost.
- Standards for Judging the Contest: DreamHost will use its sole discretion to judge all valid entries and choose the winners based on internal criteria.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive an ecommerce website makeover by DreamHost's Pro Services team. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by DreamHost. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at DreamHost's discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for DreamHost to use Winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be chosen by DreamHost exercising its sole discretion. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. DreamHost shall have no liability for Winner's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner's provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted or fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT DREAMHOST'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that DreamHost, anyone acting on behalf of DreamHost, and DreamHost's licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, Your name, website name, and site content for giveaway blog posts and social posts. By entering this Contest, You represent and warrant that all the content on Your website is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party's proprietary or intellectual property rights. If Your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of DreamHost. If the content of Your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at Your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless DreamHost from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which DreamHost may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party's right.
- Terms & Conditions: DreamHost reserves the right, in its sole discretion, (1) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond DreamHost's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest, (2) to select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by DreamHost, (3) to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violates these Terms & Conditions, and (4) to maintain the integrity of the Contestby voiding entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple submissions from the same user; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. [In the event that you are unhappy with the website makeover and design proposal from DreamHost, your sole remedy is to request a restoration of your original website, which may not function exactly the same as your website prior to the makeover. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, DreamHost reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: Changes to a website and its functionality are inherently tricky and may cause unintended consequences. You agree that, while DreamHost will take all precautions necessary to back up your current website and data, we cannot guarantee, nor can we be held responsible for, any issues resulting from an attempted redesign and overhaul of your website. Once the redesign is complete, it is solely the responsibility of the site owner to maintain the site including any and all site software, content, components, and credentials.By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless DreamHost and any applicable third party and each of their respective employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, successors, assigns, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from but not limited to: (i) Your participation in the Contest and/or Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest; (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest; (iv) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (v) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections of your current website, hosting data, domain name(s), online business and e-commerce operations; (vi) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or operation of the Contest; or (vii) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF USA AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Orange County, California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney's fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsors of the Contest are DreamHost and GMO Registry, Inc.