Terms & Policies
Last Updated: June 25, 2020
Services and Renewals
DreamHost offers a variety of professional services ranging from web design to SEO marketing (collectively the “Services”). Services may be recurring or non-recurring. If Services are recurring, they will automatically renew at the end of the original billing term for the same price and for the same time period. Any products or services included with the Service as part of a “bundle” or promotional offer will automatically renew at the end of the promotional period for the then-current full retail price unless you notify DreamHost of your intention to discontinue the promotional service at least 30 calendar days prior to the renewal.
Recurring Services may be canceled by providing notice to DreamHost via email at email@example.com at least 7 calendar days prior to the end of the current Service term. Otherwise, the Service will renew for an additional term until canceled.
As a customer of these Services, you understand and agree:
- - To accurately and succinctly communicate all information, objectives, and desires that are required to successfully execute the Service.
- - To be readily available for communication with our team members for the purposes of coordination and execution of the Service.
- - That communication delays on your part may adversely impact timelines for execution and the effectiveness of the Service.
- - To perform timely reviews and approvals of work in support of the Service as needed; otherwise, you waive the right to object to the end product.
- - That successful execution of the Service requires complete and accurate information from you.
Some Services are offered as “bundles” (e.g. one year of DreamPress included with the purchase of a custom web design plan). If the original Service plan is canceled, any and all bundled services will also be canceled. If you’re eligible for a refund, the refund will be prorated and adjusted based on the utilization of any bundled services.
We don’t offer refunds for any work already performed as part of the Services. Some of our Services will require a minimum term and/or a minimum payment to begin the process. In these situations, our team dedicates work and hard costs to begin the process and as such, the initial term and payment are fixed and non-refundable. Subject to our own review and discretion, refunds may be available on a prorated basis for work that has yet to be performed.
Expiration of Services and Development Hours
Certain non-recurring Services are valid for 6 months after payment is received, and need to be completed within that time. After 6 months, the Service will expire and will require an additional fee and/or renewal in order to continue the process.
Some Services may include the purchase of Development Hours (“Hours”) that can be used on-demand. These Hours will roll over and accrue up to an amount that is double the original hours in the term (e.g. if you purchased a plan that provides 5 Hours per month, you may roll over 5 unused Hours into the following month, for a maximum accrued total of 10 Hours). Unused Hours expire after 6 months. A refund may be issued in the case of unused Hours upon cancellation of your monthly Development Hour plan. Refunds are calculated based on Hours used in the current plan term, and will be issued in the amount paid for the term, less the cost of any used Hours at the then-current single-Hour rate. Hours rolled over from previous terms are non-refundable.
- - You will retain full ownership and intellectual property rights for any work or deliverable produced and paid for.
- - DreamHost has the right to leverage the work product and deliverables for marketing and promotional purposes. You may opt out of this with a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
- - Certain Services (like custom development work) may be performed and applied to your website without your final review and approval. In such cases, we'll notify you once the Service has been completed. You will have 7 calendar days from the date of our notice to review the changes and alert our team of any issues that need to be addressed. After 7 calendar days, you waive the right to contest the work performed.
- - DreamHost does not guarantee results for any of the Services. We are not responsible for any of the outcomes, results, damages, or injuries that may directly or indirectly result from the Services. You understand and agree that our Terms of Service (including disclaimers and liability) are all incorporated by reference here and apply to all Services.