Our VPS Hosting Plans Are Better Than Ever
If you’re a VPS hosting customer, you doubtless know the great benefits of having a virtual private server. A VPS is one of several virtual servers that are created and housed on a single physical server, and yours — with all of its resources — is reserved for you, separate from other users’ VPSs.
So, what does that mean for you as a site owner? Five things, actually.
- Reliability: Your resources are kept separate from other users’ resources. This avoids the risk of tasks running on their servers affecting your site’s performance, and vice versa.
- Control: You configure, control, and manage your own server according to your needs.
- Scalability: You can quickly and easily scale your VPS up or down according to your changing needs.
- Security: Having your own private server separate from other users’ servers means that they can’t access your resources, and you’re free to set the level of security, put up firewalls, and deploy other tools to reinforce that.
- Cost-Effectiveness: A VPS can be more affordable than dedicated hosting if you’re on a budget.
The price of VPS hosting at DreamHost has remained the same since 2016. Meanwhile, the growing needs of all our customers have required that we continuously invest in the best hardware, software, and people that can help them reach their online goals.
VPS Improvements Include:
- Significantly reduced the time it takes to receive a reply from our technical support team
- Completely redesigned your account control panel to be faster, more responsive, and more helpful
- Launched simple WordPress website imports and made DNS management easier than ever
- Upgraded and supported new versions of WordPress within days of their release
- Delivered the latest versions of web technologies like PHP to support the fastest web apps
- In progress: Upgrades to newer, faster hardware on Linux containers
So, as you can see, we’ve put a tremendous amount of focus on improving the DreamHost user experience for all our customers in recent years, and we’ve got even more in store for the future!
VPS Hosting Price Increase
However, as a result of rising costs, particularly due to inflation in the current economy, and our extensive investing in the hardware and resources that have enabled these improvements, we now find ourselves needing to increase our managed VPS hosting prices for the first time since 2016 in order to maintain the high level of VPS performance and reliability that we’re committed to providing to you. And this is how the world has been changing lately for the entire web hosting industry.
Even with our VPS price increase, we are still one the most affordable of all the major web hosting companies on the market.
How to Save Even More on VPS Plans
It’s understandable that you might be taken aback by the price increase, but we’re here to reassure you that there are ways you can save on the upcoming changes.
- If you’re on the monthly plan and you’d like to lower your monthly rate, pre-pay discounts are available.
- If you’re already on the discounted prepaid yearly plan, you can reduce your rate even further by pre-paying for three years of service.
You can make these changes to your hosting in just a few seconds from within your account control panel. Click below for instructions on how to do so.
Save on VPS Hosting
24/7 customer support, an intuitive panel, scalable RAM, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited hosting domains, and SSD storage. Save big with prepaid plans.Change Your VPS Plan
As we’ve seen, there are numerous benefits to having a virtual private server, not the least of which is the fact that your VPS and all its resources are isolated from others, which significantly eliminates detrimental impacts on your site’s performance.
And with DreamHost’s industry-best managed VPS hosting service and continual infrastructure improvements in your corner, with a 100% uptime guarantee, you’re guaranteed to stay at the top of your online game.
If you have any questions or need help deciding how to move forward, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our technical support team. They’re standing by, ready to assist!