Technical Support Representatives play a key role in interfacing directly with DreamHost customers. We are looking for multilingual candidates fluent in both English and Spanish.
To provide technical assistance to DreamHost customers who are experiencing problems with the services we provide, or who have questions about how to use our many features.
- Uses quick thinking and keen troubleshooting skills to analyze and resolve customer issues via internal ticket system, live chat & call-backs.
- Answers questions by applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures.
- Patiently walks customer through diagnostic procedures to help them illuminate the source of their issues.
- Notices trends and/or internal issues & reports them to management for resolution.
- Guide customers through the installation and updating of software and hardware
- Escalate complex problems to appropriate staff member or department
- Help customers identify and resolve problems with products by phone, through e-mail, or in person.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with customers who may be lacking in technical skills.
- A commitment to quality and a meticulous approach.
- Able to work autonomously and in diverse, virtual team environments
- Great communication skills with customers, supervisors and peers.
- Ability to maintain patience with difficult customers.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding of Web Hosting.
- Prior experience in customer service or technical support.
- Basic familiarity with Linux command-line.
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple support tickets at same time.
- Ability to type 45+ WPM.
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Bilingual preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Skills/Specialties: Customer Service, Information Technology (IT) Support, Linux, Troubleshooting