To provide technical assistance to DreamHost customers who are experiencing problems with the services we provide, or who have questions about how to use our many features.
- Uses quick thinking and keen troubleshooting skills to analyze and resolve customer issues via internal ticket system, live chat & call-backs.
- Answers questions by applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures.
- Patiently walks customer through diagnostic procedures to help them illuminate the source of their issues.
- Notices trends and/or internal issues & reports them to management for resolution.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with customers who may be lacking in technical skills.
- A commitment to quality and a meticulous approach.
- Able to work autonomously and in diverse, virtual team environments
- Great communication skills with customers, supervisors and peers.
- Ability to maintain patience with difficult customers.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible schedulability
- Basic understanding of Web Hosting.
- Prior experience in customer service or technical support.
- Basic familiarity with Linux command-line.
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple support tickets at same time.
- Ability to type 45+ WPM.
*It is DreamHost policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.