The Systems Administrator’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Administrator will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Assist in the design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Assist in the design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- On-call availability week-long every 6 weeks or so.
- Graveyard availability on a two week shift every several months.
- 6AM-2PM or 2PM-10PM shift.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Linux.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
*It is DreamHost policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.