We are a dynamic technology company based in Los Angeles, seeking a Staff Accountant for our corporate accounting group in north Orange County. The Staff Accountant will be an integral member of the team, taking ownership of core accounting and reporting processes. The role will involve frequent interaction with senior management, so professionalism and communication skills are critical. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated and quick to learn new processes. The company values its energetic and engaged employees, so fitting into and adding to the company’s culture are important criteria.
- Full cycle accounting, including recording GL journal entries, account reconciliations, and bank reconciliations.
- Maintenance of prepaid asset, fixed asset, and accrual balances.
- Revenue and Cost of Sales allocations.
- Understanding of chart of accounts and AP invoice classifications.
- Variance analysis and reporting, including ability to research underlying issues.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Pride in and ownership of work produced.
Formal Education & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or with an emphasis in accounting).
- Preferred candidate would have minimum 3 years of experience. Mix of CPA firm and private industry accounting experience is a plus.
- CPA license or CPA candidate preferred but not required.
- Experience using QuickBooks strongly preferred. Will also consider candidates with demonstrated ability in other comparable accounting software.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Will need to pass a background and reference check.