The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- In collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, define project scope, success criteria and deliverables that support business goals.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Plan and schedule project timelines, and track milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Run agile sprints based on Scrum methodology while developing iterative improvements to team workflow.
- Develop a communication plan to determine frequency and content of status reports to effectively keep project and Company stakeholders informed throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants, and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Adhere to best practices for process optimization.
- University degree or college diploma in the field of Business Administration preferred.
- Certifications in project management a plus.
- 3+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- 1+ year direct work experience in a Scrum environment, ideally within the tech industry.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Jira, Smartsheets, and OmniPlan.
- Demonstrated experience in people management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, and must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.