Do you love good design? Are you passionate about helping individuals and small businesses succeed on the web? DreamHost is one of the largest and most respected web hosting providers around, powering millions of websites worldwide. We’re searching for a talented, driven web designer to join our product creative team and serve as a key contributor to product design and development of applications used by hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide. We are also looking for a driven individual with an innate passion for the attractive, efficient, and simple; someone with an “eye” for elegant, minimal design and a thorough attention to detail. So if you’re hungry, eager to learn from others, and want to join an all-star team that’s building an amazing brand and driving crazy growth, hit us up.
* Please send along or include a link to your portfolio with your application.
- Work with product managers, developers, and other creative stakeholders (e.g. copywriters) to support the design needs of various web applications
- Data-driven. Able to support design decisions through user testing and feedback
- Design emails and related assets to support email-based notifications and workflows.
- Design components to be used for web interfaces, interaction design, iconography, typography, and more
- Create web assets, such as interface elements, iconography, typography, graphics, and vector illustrations
- Collaborate on existing design methodologies, to ensure that production always works efficiently to meets project objectives and stakeholder requirements
- 3-5 years web design experience in fast-paced environments, ideally in a technology-related industry. Experience with interaction design, interface design, e-commerce, and/or agency experience are big pluses
- BA in Graphic Design, Illustration, Interactive Design, or related fields
- Possess both a passion and an “eye” for elegant, minimal design with high attention to functionality
- Real-world appreciation of user interface design, workflow, and conversion best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive while working independently, as well as in a team environment with multiple stakeholders
- Able to communicate effectively and respond well to constructive feedback while substantively contributing to projects collaboratively
- Must be a proactive self-starter with strong multi-tasking and project management skills to ensure deadlines and timelines are met
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficiency with Adobe CS, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator, and Sketch
- Proficiency working with Git, Jira, command line, HTML, CSS, Sass
Nice to have
- Experience designing with conversion rate optimization in mind
- Familiarity with other design areas, such as print, photography, video, etc
- Experience with website marketing