From requirements gathering and research to front-end code, the Product Designer will have a hand in all stages of DreamPress product design. You can work together with other designers, engineers, product managers, marketers and stakeholders to build and improve features our customers love. You’re excited by new trends in design but know when to step back and work with time-tested solutions. You possess a keen understanding of the WordPress community and it’s needs, and can translate that to clean user experiences.
- Understand and properly communicate the importance of human factors, user feedback, and data-driven decisions in designing the end-to-end user experience.
- Coordinate with engineering, marketing, product management and stakeholders to scope design work.
- Participate in user research, competitive evaluation, split testing and usability testing.
- Update and improve website and product interfaces, adding new features when needed
- Develop and maintain UI and interaction pattern libraries.
- Work with design, development and engineering to identify and prioritize UI defects and enhancements.
- Work together with other designers to ensure design consistency across all applications and services.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Designers should be able to explain design decisions to small and large groups.
- Proficiency with creating user flows, sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity/in-browser mockups and know when to use them and when not to.
- Competency with HTML, CSS and jQuery and experience with command-line Git.
- Experience gathering and working with user research and data to inform decisions.
- Experience designing small pieces of large systems.
- Knowledge of modern front-end tools like Sass and Gulp.
- Familiarity with WordPress (experience with the WordPress community a plus)
- Familiarity with Python and/or Perl a plus. Jekyll also a plus.