Do you love writing? Are you passionate about helping individuals and small businesses succeed on the web? DreamHost is one of the largest and most respected web hosting providers around, powering millions of websites worldwide. We’re searching for an experienced copywriter to join our creative team and play a critical role in executing marketing projects and campaigns across a wide range of mediums and channels. If you’re passionate about writing world-class copy that makes an impact, and you want to help build an unparalleled brand that helps power people’s dreams, hit us up.
- Craft compelling copy for web pages, email, online advertisements, traditional advertisements, print collateral, and more.
- Assist in the planning, execution, and analysis of direct response marketing programs and projects.
- Support video content creation by aiding in script writing and editing.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues in ideation and concept phases to inform overall project messaging and copy strategy.
- Aid in identifying and defining target audiences and leverage appropriate personas throughout messaging and copy creation.
- Help define and defend brand voice and copy standards, and ensure consistent implementation across all marketing projects and campaigns
- Establish familiarity with DreamHost products and services to ensure accuracy throughout marketing communications.
- Engage stakeholders and subject matter experts to inform content and ensure both accuracy and effective performance.
- Regularly optimize copy and messaging process to leverage best practices, remain abreast of current trends, and ensure continuous improvement.
- 3-5 years copywriting experience in fast-paced environments, ideally in a tech-related industry. E-commerce and/or agency experience is highly valued.
- B.A. in business, marketing, communications, English, or related field.
- Extremely strong writing and grammar skills with an acute attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable writing and editing copy in multiple mediums targeting disparate audiences.
- Possess a practical, real-world understanding of direct-response marketing and web conversion best practices. Experience writing copy within the web design and development process ideal.
- Familiarity with digital communication mediums, including web, email, social media, direct mail, print, video, etc… SEO expertise also highly valued.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive while working both independently as well as in collaborative, cross-functional teams.
- Must be a proactive self-starter with strong multi-tasking and project management skills to ensure deadlines and timelines are met.
- Proficiency with Adobe CS and HTML ideal.