The DreamHost Data Scientist will be a lateral thinker, who can approach complex projects in an elegant, scalable manner. You easily identify and troubleshoot problems, quickly resolve issues, and have proven experience identifying business data needs, providing analysis and developing reports.
- Extract and analyze customer data to provide insight that can drive business decisions and improve customer experience.
- Develop algorithms and predictive models to solve critical problems and validate data models for better forecasting of internal metrics and customer behavior.
- Identify and map new sources of data and build bridges between these data islands, bringing a fresh perspective and new dimensions of analysis to increase efficiency and ROI across the business.
- Work closely with other Data team members to identify, design, and build new datasets.
- Develop resource requirements, tools, and libraries that will help the Data team more efficiently mine our data stores.
- Prototype new ways to visualize and understand data relationships.
- Manage company information dashboards and come up with new useful ways to present data to the rest of the company to ensure decisions are data-driven.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, or another quantitative discipline preferred
- Experience with RDBMS as well as document based storage technologies (ElasticSearch, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience analyzing large data sets using statistical software (R, Matlab, SPSS)
- Experience applying machine learning techniques and algorithms to real-world data sets
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Pig or other MapReduce-based architectures
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and data presentation skills