DreamHost is looking for an Accounting Manager who will work under the direction of the Financial Controller. The Accounting Manager will help coordinate and execute the core accounting functions for DreamHost. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, detail oriented self-starter with public accounting, financial reporting, data analysis and supervisory experience. This role is very hands-on but also has visibility to senior management.
- Supervises, directs, and reviews the work of the accounting staff (including, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll transactions, and recording of revenue and expenses).
- Strong understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, especially subscription-based revenue recognition.
- Experience managing the financial close process, with responsibilities in reviewing the general ledger and supporting schedules to the ensure accuracy accounting records.
- Experience working with external financial auditors is highly desirable.
- Coordinates and completes monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
- Produces monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc financial statements and reports.
- Makes and implements recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures, and should have the ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- NetSuite experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Will aid in performing finance functions including cash management, profitability analysis, and cost center level planning and budgeting.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate relationships with other DreamHosters throughout the organization.
Formal Education & Qualifications
- Prior audit experience in public accounting required.
- Prior experience managing or supervising accounting teams is preferred.
- Candidates with an active CPA license or pursuing this designation are preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.