DreamHost’s Dreamiest Websites of the Year Awards are back!
That’s right, y’all — it’s time to get dreamy.
Last year we held the Dreamiest Website of the Year Awards — The Dreamies, for short — for the first time, and it was a glorious affair! We introduced this competition as a way of giving back to the people who’ve been keeping us in business for the last 20 years. We wanted to showcase some of our customers’ beautifully-executed websites to the world, while also crowning them with the esteemed title of “Dreamiest Website of the Year” (not to mention some sweet swag and a cash prize).
And we’re doin’ it again this year! Allllll riiiiiiight.
If you’re a DreamHost user and you think your website has what it takes to be the dreamiest, you’re going to want to participate. Trust us. More on the prizes later, so keep readin’! A web host’s got to play hard to get once in awhile, you know? *flutters eyelashes*
How Do I Win That Dreamy Crown?
We’ll be awarding DreamHost-ed websites in the following categories:
- Dreamiest Homepage
- Dreamiest Personal Blog/Website
- Dreamiest Small Business Blog/Website
- Dreamiest E-Commerce Website
- Dreamiest Overall Design
For your website to be considered, you’ll first need to pick the category (or categories) you think you best qualify for.
Once you’ve chosen your category, holler at us on social media! We’ll only be taking submissions via Twitter, so get your tweetin’ fingers ready! Here’s what to include in your tweet:
- @dreamhost: So we can’t miss it!
- Your website’s URL and the category or categories you’d like to be nominated for (more on this in a sec).
- #TheDreamies17: This one’s a biggie. Without the hashtag, you can’t play. #SorryNotSorry
- (Optional): A gif that’ll make us laugh. Just because.
And that’s it!
Please be sure to check out the official rules before you submit your site so you won’t be disqualified! We don’t like ‘em, but we’ve gotta set ‘em. Here they are:
- You must be a DreamHost customer for your website to be considered.
- If you host only one website at DreamHost, you can submit that site to as many categories as you like.
- If you host multiple websites at DreamHost, you can submit any of the sites you host to any of these categories. However, you cannot submit the same site to more than one category.
- Example: You: (submits the same site in every category) LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Us: No.
- One winner per category will be chosen.
- Submissions will be received via Twitter only. Must use #TheDreamies17 to qualify.
- U.S. residents only.
How Long Will I Have to Wait ‘Til I Can Get That Crown?
Starting today, you’ll have until November 26 to submit your site for consideration. Once the submission period ends, we will finalize the nominees for each category and then leave the voting to you!
Yep, just like last year, we’re leaving it up to you fine people to decide which websites get to be deemed The Dreamiest Websites of 2017!
Voting will commence in late November, so be sure to follow @dreamhost on Twitter for updates!
Am I Really Winning A Crown?
OK. You got us there. There is no crown.
The prizes are better than a measly stinkin’ crown!
Not only will your website receive the highest honor of being deemed The Dreamiest, we’ll also reward you with a hefty $500 cash prize, limited-edition DreamHost swag, and — get this — your very own badge to use on your gorgeous website so you can shout to the world (wide web) how dreamy you are!
Stop Reading, Start Tweeting!
And that’s it! Pretty easy, right?
So, what are you waiting for?
Why are you still reading this? The race to The Dreamies is on!
Seriously, stop reading this and tweet us already!